Benefit paid to a child who has lost one parent.
• Loss of one parent
• The child attends formal education
• In the instance that the father does not appear on the birth certificate, proof of paternity is determined through an investigation by the Social Services.
As long as the child remains in formal education.
• Valid ID card of claimant and semi-orphaned child
• Birth certificate of the child
• Death certificate of the deceased parent
• School confirmation letter/educational institution
• Report from social services where applicable
• Active bank account details